Many people are not satisfied with the whiteness of their teeth or the appearance of their smiles.
Here are 6 simple steps to keeping teeth shining and to improve your smile!
- Brush and floss regularly. Use a soft toothbrush to avoid gum damage. Brush at least twice a day for at least two minutes each time, and floss at least once. If you prefer, use an electric toothbrush, which uses sonic waves to clean teeth.
- Use a ‘normal’ toothpaste and not ‘tooth-whitening’ toothpaste. Tooth whitening toothpastes grind down the surface of the tooth, rather than removing stains. Also, make sure your toothpaste contains fluoride. If whiter teeth are your goal, talk to your dentist about professional teeth whitening.
- Use a mouthwash that contains fluoride, and regularly! Flouride mouthwash increases the smoothness and hardness of teeth. Smooth, hard teeth fight plaque, calculus, and tooth decay!
- Make regular visits to your dentist! Your dentist can remove plaque and calculus, which can stain and darken your teeth. You should visit your dentist at least two times per year, and possibly more depending on your oral health.
- Stay away from foods that can stain your teeth. Teeth can be harmed by harsh chemicals, which can be absorbed when teeth contact those chemicals. Some foods are also naturally staining. Staining foods include wine, tea, coffee, sweets, and foods with high levels of citric and other types of acid.
- Stop smoking tobacco! In fact, quit all tobacco products. The tar in tobacco sticks to teeth and stains the enamel on them. Tar also makes cleaning more difficult, which allows plaque buildup and calculus formation.
If your smile is not all you want, visit Comfort Dental Centre in Buderim for a thorough examination and recommendations for your individual situation.
We offer advanced teeth whitening systems in Buderim. Call us on (07) 5370 8865 or simply your appointment online today!