Children Dental Emergencies
No parent wants to see their child suffering in pain. Unfortunately, dental emergencies can happen any time, anywhere, sometimes when you least expect them.
If your child needs urgent dental care, the best thing you can do is to visit the nearest dental clinic or call your emergency dentist in Buderim. To help you in case of dental emergency, we have listed some of the most common children’s dental emergencies and how you can deal with them when no dentist is nearby.
- Cleanse the affected area with warm water.
- Inspect the teeth to make sure nothing is caught between them. If there is debris present, you can remove it with a clean finger, floss or, toothbrush.
- Do not medicate or apply heat directly to the affected area.
- Use a cold compress to ease the pain.
- See your dentist immediately.
Bitten Lip or Tongue
- If your child accidentally bites their lip or tongue severely enough to cause bleeding, clean the area with clean water.
- Use a cold compress pressed firmly against the area to alleviate or avoid swelling.
- Go to your dentist as soon as possible
- Carefully move the offending wire using a pencil eraser
- See a dentist immediately. Cover the edges with clean gauze, cotton, or gum while on the way to the clinic.
- Rinse the mouth with warm water
- Place a cold compress on the affected area
- If possible, collect the tooth fragments. Pick teeth up by the crown and not the roots.
- Visit the dentist immediately.
- Recover the tooth immediately. Avoid touching the roots. Hold the tooth by its crown only.
- Gently remove dirt and debris with water. Never scrub or scrape the tooth.
- Soak the tooth in salt-water solution or milk.
- For older children, the tooth can be re-inserted into its original socket.
- For younger children, the parent can put the tooth in glass containing saline, milk, or saliva. Do not attempt to put the tooth back on its socket.
- Visit the nearest dental clinic or emergency room immediately.
- If you suspect that your child has sustained a broken jaw, apply cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Since this is a serious injury, head to the nearest dental clinic or emergency room right away.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule will continue in 2017
In the news:
The Australian Dental Association (ADA) has applauded announcement by the Turnbull Government and its Health Minister, Greg Hunt, to reinstate the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) cap to $1,000.
Dental Emergency Services for Children in Buderim
Comfort Dental Centre Buderim is a kid-friendly emergency dentist you can rely on. We have the skills and knowledge to deal with children’s dental emergencies. If your child experiences any form of dental emergency, we suggest visiting your emergency dentist in Buderim as soon as possible.
Same-day Dental Emergency Appointment guaranteed!
Call (07) 5370 8865 to schedule your dental emergency appointment.