Don’t let your missing teeth steal life’s greatest moments from you.
With the help of your Buderim dentist at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim, smiling is possible again. Enjoy the benefits of dentures and say yes to smiling again.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a dental prosthesis – an artificial replacement of teeth and soft tissues of the oral cavity. They are removable and are composed of false teeth attached to a plastic called acrylic, or to a metal.
What Are The Types Of Dentures?
Complete dentures – This is recommended for those who have lost most or all of their natural teeth. The upper and lower arches are attached to the dentures, returning structure to your cheeks.
Partial dentures – This is recommended for those with few missing teeth. A dental implant may be used to which the false teeth are attached, or a dental crown caps over a natural tooth (one on each side) to support the partial dentures.
Benefits Of Dentures
Dentures are a popular choice because of their practical and aesthetic benefits such as:
- Improved bite and chewing capacity.
- Returned structure to the cheeks.
- Reduced speech difficulties.
- Balanced pressure in the mouth during chewing through equal distribution of the load.
- Can be removed for proper cleaning.
Application Process At Comfort Dental Centre Buderim
Your dentist will check your suitability for a denture fixture. The health of your gums, status of remaining teeth (if there are any), and bone health are checked.
Once you are considered an ideal candidate for your dentures, your dentist will take impressions of your mouth through a mould and use this for fabrication.
This will ensure that the dentures will perfectly fit your mouth.
Care For Your Dentures
Dentures can last a long time with proper care. To make good use of them, follow these quick and easy tips:
- Always be mindful of what you eat. Refrain from eating foods that are hard or sharp as they can leave cracks in your dentures. Avoid sticky foods as well.
- Stand over a towel when removing your dentures at night. The towel will cushion the dentures should they accidentally fall.
- Almost keep your dentures moist. Soak them in a denture cleanser or clean tap water when not in use.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your dentures. Do not forget to brush your gums and tongue as well, to keep your mouth healthy.
- If you see cracks on your dentures, do not attempt to fix them yourself. See your dentist right away. Denture repair kits are ineffective and can cause even more damage to your dentures.
Quality Dentures At Comfort Dental Centre Buderim
Smile your way into life’s greatest moments with dentures at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim. We want you to enjoy life more and more each day.
Call (07) 5370 8865 or visit us at T204B, 32 Wises Road in Buderim.