Soft tissues in your mouth include your tongue, cheeks, gum, and lips. These areas contain a large number of blood vessels; thus they can bleed quite a lot when they are injured.
Soft tissue injuries can be can be caused by facial or oral injury and require immediate medical attention. Some of the most common injuries in the mouth include cuts, punctures, and bruises.
Our doctors at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim have the skills and knowledge necessary to treat soft tissue trauma.
How To Control the Bleeding
- Rinse mouth with mild salt-water solution. You can also use antiseptic mouthwash.
- Apply pressure to the injured site using a moistened gauze or tea bag. Hold in place for 15-20 minutes.
- To relieve pain, slow down the bleeding and reduce swelling, hold ice or cold compress against the damaged area for 10 minutes.
- Hold a compress to the outside of the mouth in the affected area for 10 minutes to atop the bleeding and alleviate pain.
- If the bleeding continues, see your dentist right away or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Continue to apply pressure to the bleeding until you can be treated.
Emergency Dental Care for Soft Tissue Injuries in the Mouth
It is important to call or visit your emergency dentist in Buderim when you or your child endures a soft tissue injury. Early treatment can prevent the injury from escalating into a serious emergency.
The dentist will perform an examination and diagnostic screening to determine the severity of the injury and potential damage. Only a dentist can assess oral symptoms for appropriate diagnosis.
To prevent infection, the dentist will thoroughly clean and remove any foreign bodies found. The dentist will then perform the appropriate treatment before closing the site with dissolving sutures.
Soft Tissue Injury Treatment at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim
Comfort Dental Centre Buderim is your reliable emergency dentist in Buderim providing urgent care for almost any types of dental emergency cases. We are open from Monday to Saturday to give you the care you need for your dental problems. Our responsive team will do everything possible to treat you on the same day.
Same-day Dental Emergency Appointment guaranteed!